9 month fixed term contract – maternity cover
Based in Liverpool
Competitive salary plus benefits
Hollyoaks is an award-winning five-nights-a-week soap that entertains its teatime audience with a heady mix of romance, issues that capture the zeitgeist and big soap plots that get viewers talking.
We are currently seeking a talented and creative costume maker to join our busy costume department. With an understanding of fashion and a strong sense of colour and design, you will work closely with the Head of Costume and Executive Producer to design, create and alter costumes to a set brief. You will be able to so sew to a high standard and will be responsible for repairing costumes, as well as assisting on shoot when required.
The successful candidate will need the following essential skills:
- Skilled in pattern cutting
- Ability to sew to a high standard and repair and make garments from scratch using a machine
- Knowledge of costume continuity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to structured deadlines
- Previous TV experience would be desirable
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and practices pertaining to the role
Please apply in writing by sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by 22 June 2020.
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore encourage applications from groups that are underrepresented in the TV industry.