- Ten Indies will be matched with Commissioning Heads of Department for unscripted genres to work together towards a commission
The channel 4 is looking ten Black, Asian and minority ethnic-led production companies, from a range of different backgrounds, to work closely with Channel 4 Commissioning Heads of Department for unscripted genres. By working with these shortlisted companies, the broadcaster’s aim is to progress them towards winning more commissions with the channel.
Channel 4 recently announced a new commitment to double the number of BAME-led independent producers that it commissions from by 2023.
- Financial support: There will be development money put aside to help work on ideas plusadditional funds from the channel’s Creative Diversity budget.
- Idea development: Production companies willbenefit from idea development consultancy, commercial strategies mentoring, and support of their slate provided by a Channel 4 Commissioning Head of Department – alongside a bespoke plan to accelerate ideas and convert them to commissions across the channel’s portfolio.
- Access and support: Indies will gain an enhanced understanding of Channel 4 through unprecedented access and support from the channel’s senior leadership and key departments on how to develop ideas that have the greatest chance of success.
- Expanded contacts: Lasting relationships will be formed as they are networked across the channel and armed with insights to support future growth and success.This will include regular face to face meetings, financial support as required and tailored advice and mentoring.
- Access to creative talent network: To assist with advice on recruitment and access to talent pools.
- Involvement of Director of Programmes: Ideas will be prioritised for review by Ian Katz, Director of Programmes
Producers interested in the accelerator should watch the briefings below. The briefings are an opportunity to hear directly from the Heads of Departments for unscripted genres about what they are looking for.