12 month fixed term contract
Hollyoaks is an award-winning soap that entertains its teatime audience with a heady mix of romance, issues that capture the zeitgeist and big soap plots that get viewers talking. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed person to provide high quality administration support to the Scheduling team. Our ideal candidate will be well-organised with a keen eye for detail, will enjoy taking on a variety of tasks and will thrive as part of a team. In return, you will be involved in key aspects of day to day production and will be working alongside some of the most experienced people in television.
Role Responsibilties will include:
- Preparing and distributing the weekly shooting schedule for the Planning Meeting and Recce.
- Looking after our Artistes’ availability for publicity and casting requirements and updating this information on the main production board for everyone to access.
- Administering Artistes’ holidays including gaining approval for requested time off from the Story Scheduler and the Production Manager.
- Working closely with the Schedulers and Production Managers so that you are able to assist with daily tasks and helping to keep the main production board up to date with any changes.
- Using our inhouse programme “WattWenn” to format scripts on a weekly basis, update the master schedule file with any updates to the main production board and update the master diary, ensuring that all clearance requests are up to date.
Skills and Experience:
- IT Skills are a definite requirement for this role, we will need to train you to use our inhouse IT programme and you will use Microsoft Office applications frequently.
- You will need to be able to prioritise your workload and be able to focus in a busy and deadline driven environment.
- In the fast paced and ever changing world of Hollyoaks, you need to have high attention to detail, solid organizational skills and be on the ball with your work.
- It would be great if you have some knowledge of TV production or experience scheduling within another industry.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 28th July and we will be holding interviews shortly after this deadline with an anticipated start date of Monday, 17th August.
Lime Pictures is an Equal Opportunities employer, currently people from BAME and low socio-economic backgrounds are under-represented in the television industry and this is something that we are committed to improving. We would therefore like to encourage potential candidates from those backgrounds to apply for our vacancies.