Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world’s media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Freelance Senior Video Editor, London
Reuters is looking for an experienced freelance Video Editor to join the team in our exciting, fast-paced global TV hub in London, delivering news coverage to over 1,000 broadcasters and hundreds of digital outlets around the world. You will have advanced video-editing skills and a proven track record of teaching video-editing skills. A self-starter, this person will have demonstrated a strong ability to remain focused and organised under pressure and have a strong flair for working with high-performance teams.
Based in our London newsroom and/or remotely, the successful candidate will be expected to primarily work across our output operation and be excited about international news. A background in video newsgathering is a must as is the ability to manage servers including content deletion and protection, design and implement workflows and work to tight deadlines.
As our trusted Freelance Video Editor you will:
- Be part of the news gathering team editing and do quality checks on material from across the globe
- Train teams on video editing software and workflow
- Have a deep knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere
- Have a keen eye for visual storytelling
You should apply if you have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in professional journalism in a broadcast or agency environment
- Experience of server management and familiarity of Vantage
- Excellent video editing skills
- An ability to quality check video news packages, paying attention to audio levels and carrying out colour correction if required
- Excellent news judgment and a passion for breaking news
- Ability to problem solve technical issues quickly and creatively as they arise
- Experience of training teams on video editing software and workflow
- Have a clear understanding of the news video needs of major broadcasters and digital clients
- A track record of being a team player
- Excellent English – written and oral (fluency in any major global language an advantage)