Chocolate Films produces video content for museums, art galleries, charities and corporate clients. Chocolate Films is run as a social enterprise, and use profits from the video production services to support a wide range of filmmaking experiences for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
They are currently looking for a Filmmaker/Video Editor (Glasgow) to work as part of the team in their Glasgow office with 2+ years industry experience. The ideal candidate should be a self-directed learner, motivated to constantly develop skills and be able to work to fast turnarounds and meet deadlines.
Desired skills include:
● Experience in using Canon cinema cameras (C100/C200/C300) and/or Sony cameras (FS7/ A7Sii)
● Good knowledge of documentary/interview lighting
● Strong technical knowledge of sound equipment, accessories and grip
● Excellent skills in Final Cut Pro X
● Proficiency in motion graphics/animation
● Filmmaking experience in a professional capacity
● iMac user
● Motion graphics skills in After Effects and/or Motion
● Good colour correction and colour grading skills
● Dubbing mixing and sound editing skills
● Ability to liaise efficiently with our London office to share and manage footage and work
● A positive, can-do attitude, with excellent communication skills
● A full, clean driving license
● An interest in art/art history and the museums sector
● Experience of the full production process of a factual film
● Generating ideas and writing treatments
● Experience in remote filming e.g. through Zoom
Payment: Annual salary of £24,000 – £27,500 depending on experience.
Employment is contingent on a clean extended DBS check and clean driving license.
Duration: An initial 6 month trial period with a view to longer term position.
Regular working week Monday to Friday 9.00 – 6pm, but flexibility essential as weekend and evening work is common. Time off in lieu offered for extra hours.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com with the following:
● A 1-minute video explaining why you think you would be suitable for the position
● A link to a video you have made, either independently or as lead filmmaker/editor Applications will not be considered without the above three included.