140 Films is looking for an Assistant Producer for a feature documentary about an event that happened in the US in the 70s.
The Assistant Producer will report to the Producer and Director. The role runs from c.19th April for 8 weeks and will be a mix of remote and office working, dependent on government guidelines. Start date to be confirmed over the coming weeks.
The Assistant Producer’s core responsibilities will be:
– to find, gain access to and perform initial interviews of individuals connected to the event from over 40 years ago, almost all of whom are US based
– research newspaper and magazine articles, police reports, court records etc
– assist the Archive Producer with relevant searches
Skills and experience:
– Excellent communication skills
– Experience of working on a US subject
– Knowledge of the US criminal justice system
– At least 3 AP credits – ideally on character driven feature documentaries
Deadline: 31st March 2021