About the Company
Islam Channel has been broadcasting worldwide in English from London since 2004 and is undergoing a period of sustained and dynamic growth. Established at the heart of the British and global Muslim community, it is watched by 60 per cent of British Muslims and reaches an engaged and active audience of millions worldwide, online and on TV. Islam Channel is a great place to work, offering exceptional opportunities. We are a diverse team of dedicated and hardworking professionals. If you would like to join us and have the opportunity to help shape our company, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for talented and experienced Producers, who are passionate about creating exciting, interesting and inspirational high-quality content for a Muslim audience in the UK and around the world. You will be responsible for producing television content from concept to completion.
You would join a creatively-minded production team, responsible for creating quality content in the following areas:
· Lifestyle & Entertainment
· News & Current Affairs
· Factual & Documentaries
You will be involved in generating and researching ideas for programmes and taking editorial responsibility for their planning and effective production.
As a Producer, you will be able to work autonomously as well as organise, lead and inspire the crew and help mentor more junior producers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Producer with high calibre tech experience to make the transition to Producer.
If you are results-driven and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then this is the role for you.
· Develop and produce high quality and creative original TV programmes/ series from concept to completion.
· Ensure projects adhere to the overall vision of the company in line with the budget, available resources and agreed timeframe.
· Plan and execute the development phase which may include carrying out research, creating and pitching treatment, writing script, arranging suitable guests/presenters / panellists for the show, corresponding via email or telephone or social media as required
· Manage pre-production preparations – lead kick-off meetings with key stakeholders as well as brief team and crew before shoot
· Manage the team in your department (if applicable) and offer training i.e. volunteers, work experience students, graduate interns, researchers, presenters etc.
· Organise shoots and liaise with Studio Manager as and when required to book shoots and plan sets, filming, lighting and set-up accordingly
· Collaborate with your line manager regularly to understand our objectives and contribute to the programming strategy.
· Apply OFCOM guidelines and adhere to editorial policy throughout
· Manage the day-to-day running of your production(s) which may include:
– Oversee shoots whether on location or in the studio
– Troubleshoot problems that may arise during the entire phase of the project
– Ensure set and location is appropriate, fit for filming and presentable
– Ensure audio, lighting and visuals are of high quality when filming
– Manage your direct reports and check the accuracy of all invoices, purchase order forms, expense claim forms before approving (if applicable)
– Ensure all health and safety guidelines are followed on all shoots/locations, including Covid-19 regulations
– Conduct risk assessments for all productions or when appropriate
– Ensure accurate completion of booking forms and attain relevant in-house and third-party approvals and clearances before arranging shoots
You must have/be:
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in broadcast television and proven track record of creating original high-quality programmes as Producer or Director
· Experience of working on complex productions, for example, those involving varied stakeholders, staff and freelance staff
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent project planning skills
· An understanding of creating and working within project budgets
· Ability to work within a team
· Ability to travel within the UK and abroad
In addition, the following are desirable:
· Knowledge of Islam Channel and its audience would be advantageous
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially with Premiere Pro and After Effects
· Ability to film using DSLR cameras
· Working with a leading international broadcasting company to develop original content
· Pension Scheme
· 28 working days inclusive of any public/bank holidays
· Working in a supportive environment with possibilities for career development and progression
Please send CV and cover letter to: Naima.Ali@veritasconsultancy.org.uk
Deadline: 31st August 2021