Comic Relief is looking for a Producer on a fixed term contract from December ’21 to April ’22, who will assist in driving all supporting broadcast content for Red Nose Day 2022, as well as helping to communicate, embed and maintain Comic Relief’s needs and editorial voice within the BBC NOTV production team. They will act as an ideas generator and creative with strong editorial sensibility and instincts, helping implement Comic Relief’s broadcast strategy of producing multiplatform content that is both funny and credible and delivers a return on investment in terms of funds raised. Internally, they will work cross-organisationally with the CEO, Executive Directors, Heads of Depts., Managers and teams – externally, they will liaise with BBC commissioners, BBC production teams and external production companies.
- To maintain good working relationships with external creative partners, generating content for RND22
- To build networks within Comic Relief that can add value to our content offering and income generation strategy
- To maintain CR’s creative editorial input with the BBC regarding RND22
Essential experience & skills
- TV development experience in comedy entertainment content for broadcast
- Experience pitching to senior managers as well as a strong grasp of editorial
- Experience working in or closely with an organisation with a strong charity focus, a consumer-facing brand and a good reputation
- Some experience of related media fields incl. radio, advertising, comms, branding, commercial & corp. partnerships, social media & digital marketing
- Exceptional communication, networking and influencing skills
- Strategic thinking and swift effective decision-making
- Recognition and appropriate implementation of safeguarding practices
- Thinking analytically and creatively when facilitating or leading meetings
- Good political skills and, most importantly, a sense of fun and positivity
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.
Click HERE to apply
Deadline: 12:00pm, 30th Nov 2021 GMT
- Comic Relief