Creating relevant content and maintaining a strong online presence across all social media platforms used by the company
Promoting both content and on & off-screen talent across our social platforms and website
Coordinating award show applications for the company and writing PR copy for all platforms
Dependant on experience
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an experienced social media specialist to continue developing and managing the social media presence and content awareness for Hungry Bear Media, Hungry Jay Media and Hungry McBear. You will also engage with our audience and clients, particularly broadcasters. There will be a strong focus on Hungry Jay Media’s social platforms, increasing its reach, and ensuring it continues to be a useful resource for its audience.
Hungry Jay Media is a collaboration with The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades which focuses on bringing new and diverse talent from all backgrounds to the industry. You will therefore be using this platform to inspire and motivate people to work in television production, as well as following and sharing some of their journeys with our online audience.
You will manage all social media for Hungry Jay, researching and creating content across a series of daily brands including Take the Stage Tuesday, where Hungry Jay Media uses our platform to shine a light on and help produce opportunities for those who have not long been in or are looking to enter the industry
The successful applicant will also be responsible for all award show submissions and subsequent social media campaigns following any nominations.
Please note that the role will require occasional out-of-hours work to tie in with transmission times of programmes, and to ensure our social media activity is consistent with that of our online audience.
YOU WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- The social media world – producing exciting, engaging, and high performing social media content, and devising effective social media campaign strategies
- Using editing software such as Photoshop, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- Working on branded content
- Strategically planning content across various platforms and reporting on such strategies and performance to Senior Management
- Increasing social media engagement and diversifying audiences across social media platforms
- Monitoring social media trends and competitor performance
- Previous experience in a similar social media role is essential
- Highly organised
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Creative writing skills
- Passionate about television and social media
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and exercise discretion
- Photography, videography and editing skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines