Permanent – Full Time
London, GB, W1A 1AA
BBC PUBLIC SERVICE B’CAST
Job Closing Date: 22nd December 2023
This is an amazing opportunity for an innovative and creative editor to reformat and develop one of the best-known news brands in the UK.
We need a free-thinking, adventurous, confident and creative journalist with first-class editorial judgement and production flair to be the next editor of Newsnight, our flagship news programme on BBC Two.
Newsnight is evolving but needs to remain the home of major news-making interviews as well as stimulating impartial debate and valued discussion.
As the Editor you will reinvent and redevelop the show’s distinctive character and identity; maintaining the independence and integrity of the output and ensuring that it meets BBC editorial policy standards.
You will take managerial, editorial and financial responsibility for a team of journalists where you develop and promote a robust but creative editorial environment; encouraging the team to originate and deliver original ideas with editorial ambition.
You will represent the BBC at a senior level.
Are You The Right Candidate
• An excellent journalistic track record at a senior editorial level of producing innovative, live news programming.
• The requisite creativity, ambition and flare to make an impactful, thought-provoking and entertaining programme.
• Demonstrable ability to make major decisions with authority and under pressure, and the ability to deal with daily and long-term editorial demands.
• Strong leadership skills, preferably experience of managing a large multi-skilled team.
• A genuine belief in the importance of truth, trust and transparency.
• Significant experience of driving change and development in an editorial setting
• You will have outstanding communication skills required to influence teams, as well as senior stakeholders.
• Evidence of a commitment to the BBC News Divisional Objectives, the diversity and inclusion objectives, and developing and attracting diverse talent