We are seeking an experienced in-house Production Management Coordinator to join the Series Team based in London. This position would organize vital information and workflows with an increasing slate of projects in the UK from development through to wrap and launch. In this role, you will be working closely with Netflix’s external partners (talent and producers) and our internal cross-functional teams.
The role is not an entry-level position and requires previous extensive experience on set and/or inside of a large film studio and/or TV network.
We are looking for someone passionate, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization, interest in production apps and tools, and great attention to detail at all times.
We are looking for candidates from different backgrounds to feel expected, reflected, and respected at Netflix, and therefore we are committed to providing an accessible working environment for everyone.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem, tools, and resources.
- Set up, schedule, and coordinate ongoing production meetings for productions.
- Serve as primary production contact for partners through pre-production, production, and wrap.
- Serve as the bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner.
- Track and manage development and production schedules along with overall local content slate, keeping stakeholders apprised of status.
- Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high-quality production staff and crew
- Work closely with the other coordinators in the Series team to refine production guidelines, align on workflows across our slates and champion our internal systems
- Maintain close relationships with the coordinators working on other UK verticals to ensure alignment across the full UK studio
- Work with & support managers on budget reviews & analysis.
- Maintain, update, and champion the use of our internal systems to track and manage show assets & paperwork delivery to Netflix (data entry and tracker maintenance for example).
- Update production management “best practices” and refine production guidelines, work with technical teams in training others to use Netflix tools and understand our workflow.
- Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the Production Management department.
- At least 5 years of production experience in Fiction (Series or Film – but some series experience essential), on set and inside a large film studio, TV network and/or production company.
- Candidates will likely be at the experienced Production Coordinator level outside of Netflix, with a minimum of 3 Production Coordinator Credits on films or series
- Access to a long roster of high-quality vendors and crew/creative talent in The UK
- A team player who can supervise multiple projects simultaneously at various points of production (from development through delivery) in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel is preferred.
- Familiarity with post-production/editorial systems and finishing processes.
- An ability to prioritize tasks and respond accordingly.
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of the current production process and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box.
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential information.