Department: Stories of Our Times
Advertising End Date: 05 Jan 2024
Multimedia Assistant Producer
12 Month FTC
A chance to work with The Times and Sunday Times daily news podcast.
The Team: Podcast team
You’ll be working on a Times’ flagship podcast, that has become required listening as it tells one story in depth every day. From landmark, award-winning investigative series to one-off episodes telling compelling stories with production flair, Stories of our times is a high-quality showcase for Times journalism.
We are seeking a talented Multimedia Assistant Producer to craft engaging social video content for promoting our daily podcast. This role is ideal for someone who is deeply in tune with the daily news cycle, has a passion for video production, and has a passion for storytelling across social media platforms.
Day to day:
- Create and curate engaging social media posts, specifically focusing on video content, to highlight the best segments from the podcast.
- Shoot and edit creative videos, including short-form promos and long form interviews, to increase the visibility and appeal of the podcast on social platforms and on YouTube.
- Collaborate closely with presenters, broadcast teams, and podcast producers to enhance and optimise the visual and multimedia aspects of the podcast.
- Pitch innovative ideas for dynamic coverage of the daily news agenda, with a focus on developing unique video strategies to connect with and expand the audience and convert them into podcast subscribers.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Strong copywriting skills and attention to detail.
- Proven experience creating successful social media content, with a special emphasis on social video production.
- A deep passion for news and a dynamic approach to working in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Technical proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus on video editing and graphic design tools.
- A proactive and motivated attitude, with a readiness to undertake a variety of tasks related to multimedia production.
- A positive and collaborative approach to working in a busy news environment, with a willingness to experiment with new formats and ideas in social video content creation.
Application process: Please apply with a link to an example of social or video content you have created, ideally as part of your work with a news programme or podcast.